Wednesday 2 April 2014

Some Magazine Adverts I have found.



I like the black and white contrasts within this advert, it fits within the image. It also works very well with the text. The fonts are rather retro, tall and narrow which go within the genre of the music that is being advertised. The colours that the fonts are coloured with work well with the black and white background. Orange and White are used to make the font clearly seen and bond within the advert.


This magazine advert didn't inspire me from a design point of view. It was the suggestion that for an advertisement simplicity is effective. The advert is simply white with very basic black text featuring the artist name, the album title, the fact that  that album is new and the release date-that is all. It suggests that a flashy, colourful advertisement isn't necessary. I won't be taking inspiration from this advertisement in regards to design, but I will bare in mind that I don't need to worry too much about making it so flashy.


I like this advert purely for the bottom of it. Towards the bottom of the advertisement there are details of Billy Bragg's UK tour dates, it features the venue information, dates and times. I think this is a very good idea and adds a new style to the advertisement. I would be tempted to use this as inspiration.

No comments:

Post a Comment